Saturday, March 8, 2008

Beating the Winter Blues

So...it's been awhile since I've posted. The kids definitely have spring/cabin fever (okay, I do too). Here are a few things we've done the past month to beat the winter blues.

Sledding at the cemetery with the Bagleys
We all fit on ONE sled for ONE run down the hill.
The kids decided they were better off without a sled.
(see the video)


To the kids, a dry sidewalk meant that spring had arrived.
It didn't matter that it was still 30 degrees outside...
they wanted to ride!












The sun shone it's smiling face down on us so the kids
basked in its glory...all bundled up of course!
Are they ready for spring or what?!
*Disclaimer: We know that Axel's snowsuit is butt-ugly,
but it sure keeps him warm! Thanks Grandma Yard-Sale! :)













Playing at the mall was one of the indoor activities we could enjoy
before the flu season was in full swing. We haven't been back since
the bug arrived. We've been lucky enough to avoid contamination.
(Knock, knock, knock)


5 comments:

Jeff said...

I actually have a snowsuit just like Axel's. I'm jealous he still gets to use his. Our snow has been gone for weeks, and our tulips are 3 inches high.

Anonymous said...

Ginger, I loved reading everything and seeing your pictures. I was just checking up on you and trying to get out of playing balloon lagoon with my kids and Peter. I sure wish we could have more play dates. Your winter looks about the same as ours. Everything warmed up to about 20 today and nobody wore coats.
Liz

Emily said...

I love the video. And I love Axel's snow suit. I figured you got it at the mall, in hopes of him wearing it to New York City! :) :)

It was so much fun to hear your voice in the background of your video....I sure do miss you girly!!

Sending warm wishes your way!

chchoo said...

I love the video of all the kids crawling down the hill. We're getting pretty stoked to see you guys this weekend for Axel-day! And I heard that the 80's are coming back in style. So Axel is hipper than us all with his rad snowsuit.

Anonymous said...

Butt ugley snowsuit???? Then I am sure that you won't like what I got you at the last yard sale! Lillie has got the sledding down. You go Girl! I loved the pictures, good luck choosing some. I like the brown tint over the grey ( too hard to spell 'cepiatone') ones. I also liked the 'love' card. I love Lillie looking down at the roses by the hem of her dress.

Weather here is gorgeous. I have been planting flowers and veggies. I am even getting a tan. Wish you and yours were here.

Love ya, mom