Sunday, February 14, 2010

Let's just pretend...

Let's just pretend that our computer broke down.
Then I won't feel so bad for not having updated
sooner...especially with the last post ending
"stay posted for our Christmas wrap-up."
Let's just pretend that we built this snowman.
Then we feel mightier than we really are.

Let's just pretend that this is really the cake that Lillie had in mind
when she said, "pink with purple, yellow, and orange polka-dots."
Then I won't feel like I was off my rocker for producing such a sight.

Let's just pretend that little boys were really made to fly.
Then I won't feel so upset that Axel got "hung-up"
after sneaking some gum from up high.
















Let's just pretend that Pearce was born without legs.
Then the fact that he climbed all the stairs to the playroom
wouldn't seem so tragic.

Let's just pretend that this boy is ALWAYS as sweet as he looks.
Then I won't have to find time to schedule positive parenting classes.
















Let's just pretend that when we're toothless and using walkers
we'll still be smiling.
Then we will be grateful for the memories of days past.


In my pretend world it's okay to procrastinate.
In my pretend world I am mightier than I am.
In my pretend world childhood visions become a reality.
In my pretend world I can fly.
In my pretend world milestones are celebrated (and not mourned).
In my pretend world I enjoy every waking minute with my cherubs.
In my pretend world I age with gratitude.
For today...let's just pretend...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. I can identify with it all! (And the cake really is CUTE, and looks just like what Lillie ordered!). I can't tell you how many cakes I have made that turned out like that, and they loved them! And that's the most important thing...

Loralee and the gang... said...

OK that was just me...

Emily said...

Fabulous post, my friend!!

Keep lovin' ev'ry minute of it...v

You are an inspiration!

T Rex Mom said...

Truly a wonderful posting! This will give you something to think about when you're toothless and using a walker!

Be well, my dear friend.

chchoo said...

Oh, my friend. I miss you. Love the creative post! You are a writer, it seems. (and I ain't pretending) Great cake! Love the pic of Axel hung up. Glad we don't have stairs. Reid would be right up there with Pearce. And wow, that is some snowman!!