Ever since we moved into this house, we have had a few rhubarb plants growing in the garden.
I faithfully water them every season. They flourish. They go to seed. They die back. Winter comes, and the routine is repeated the next season. We have never paused to actually make that delicious strawberry rhubarb pie we have been meaning to make.
When I found out that Ginger has never even tasted fresh rhubarb, I HAD to change that! (Can you see where this is going?) It took some coaxing, but she was a good sport. Naturally, I had the camera in hand...set to the "quick shot" mode. The resulting pictures are below. Enjoy!

Rhubarb Bites Ginger.

Ginger Yelps in Agony.

Ginger Cries for it to Stop.

Ginger Holds on for Dear Life.

Ginger Nearly Vomits as She Shoots Looks of Hatred at Her Husband.
(I haven't seen this look since she gave birth to our last child.)
From here, she promptly spat out the offending rhubarb stringlets that had lodged themselves permanently into her tastebuds, teeth, tongue, and psyche.
It was awesome.
Maybe I don't need to worry about watering the rhubarb next year. I think it is doomed anyway. Ginger knows where the Roundup is, and she's not afraid to use it. Revenge is sweet, even if the rhubarb is not. On a positive note, I should probably redeem myself, and say, "Isn't she just the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?!" We love our Ginger.




4 comments:
Hooray for a Perry Post! So funny! I love the many faces of that sweet Ginger! Truly a beautiful lady, inside and OUT!
Love knowing you both!
Have a Great Day!
Love that "Ginger knows where the Roundup is, and she's not afraid to use it"! The only way for you to save it is for YOU to make Ginger that Strawberry-Rhubarb pie! (and no more sofa for you - a double bonus!)
hahahaha!!!
Try Rhubarb Cake - I love it! And Rhubarb with Salt on it is yummy!
Post a Comment