The kids filled up their "kindess token" jar so they got to choose
where they wanted to have an adventure. This new trampoline
park opened in Cache Valley so they opted to go there for a visit.
Luckily, we had the place mostly to ourselves. It could be deadly
if there were crazy teenagers and college students there. As it
was, we were only pegged a couple times by some very competitive
dads playing dodge ball with their toddlers.
Pearce and I went exploring alone and with friends. We had a great
time hiking up Cherry Creek Canyon with the Morenos. We took
our jogging strollers up to help the boys out when they needed a rest.
One land owner commented that he has never seen strollers that
high up before. The boys were both in them at the time and he seemed
impressed. He then offered us a drink from his hose. What a nice fella!
time hiking up Cherry Creek Canyon with the Morenos. We took
our jogging strollers up to help the boys out when they needed a rest.
One land owner commented that he has never seen strollers that
high up before. The boys were both in them at the time and he seemed
impressed. He then offered us a drink from his hose. What a nice fella!
We went on an adventure last week with Grandma Hoffman to enjoy
the fall foliage. The changing colors in Cache Valley are a sight to
behold! We followed a dirt road until we felt that Pearce could use
a stretch. He loved being outside basking in the beautiful fall day.
So did we.
Pearce has a style of his own when it comes
to creating masterpieces. He folds, rolls, and tapes
many pieces of paper together to create a work of
art. I can't help but wonder if he thinks he's
doing origami just like his older brother.
Grandma Hoffman has shared her "know-how"
in the fine art of drying flowers and leaves. Axel has done a mighty
fine job pressing and drying MANY flowers. He's even created a
few pictures and bookmarks to share with others. Now, the question
of the day . . . where, oh, where, to keep this collection?
Right now it's in a large box in the middle of his bedroom.
On Saturday I hiked Crimson Trail with a few of my favorite people.
Have I mentioned how brilliant the fall colors are in Cache Valley?
We had a great time doing the 4.5 mile loop along the "China Wall"
in Logan Canyon. I look forward to doing it with Perry and the
kiddos when they are in control enough not to fall over an edge -
it may be 30 or so years down the road. :)
Between adventures, and making meals, and cleaning the house,
and watching other kids, I've been having a blast playing the
piano and organ more. On Sunday I had to fill in for another
organist. I haven't played for a congregation in over six years!
When our intermediate hymn was done and the director
said to me, "Rock on!" I wasn't sure if having all the stops open
was a good idea. Oh well. They all needed a good wake up
song to get through the rest of the meeting.
It was a memorable way to end this grand month of September!
No comments:
Post a Comment