Monday, April 8, 2013

March, March, Marching along . . .

March marched right along.  A few of the memorable events that happened in these parts are:
  • Axel's class was featured on Salt Lake's KSL news. Birch Creek Elementary did their own rendition of Van Gogh's Starry Night.  Pretty cool. Check out the link. 
  • Axel celebrated his 7th Birthday.  SANTA VACA!  Where does the time go???








Axel using his new art kit from Grandma and Grandpa Brown

  • The kids desperately tried to find spring amidst the snow




  • Perry and I attempted to do some "spring cleaning."  I became very overwhelmed by the three-year pile-up that had formed in my cubby.  Whew.  It will take me a good three months to get to the bottom of it!


  • We spent an hour at the museum of Anthropology at USU on a lovely Saturday.  We didn't learn about spring festivals around the world (as was advertised) but we were able to promote USU to our youngsters.  We really should work in the recruiting department!  I think we have all three convinced that Utah State University is the best place on earth and people will actually pay them to go there if they work hard enough now.  Okay, Pearce wasn't THAT into our speel . . . but just looking at the picture he says, "I want to be at the place again."  Perhaps our plan is working.

  • We had our own "spring festival" and decorated and hunted for eggs. The kids had a bonus hunt at the Harris home. How we love those dear folk!



Axel, Pearce, Lillie, and Nicson before the hunt at the Harrises.


After the hunt. Before the belly-aches.


Lillie danced her way home from the Harris hunt. The dress was 
our third attempt at "the perfect" spring dress for Lillie.  The first
one I brought home was a froo-froo one that little princesses wear.
I was saddened to realize that Lillie is out of the froo-froo stage 
when she didn't go goo-goo over it.  Boo-hoo.  No more froo-froo.


Back home in our jungle. 




All three kiddos posing for dad Easter Morning
(Nice bruise on the forehead, Axel!  He ran into
the swingset at school.  One of his classmates was
amazed that he wasn't gushing blood.  He's a 
tough guy, that's for sure!)


The real highlight of the month was indeed the welcoming of
spring.  This winter was a LONG one.  I probably say that every
year . . . The snow is BEAUTIFUL but when the sun can't shine 
through the smog for days on end it gets downright dreary!  Though 
there is snow in the forecast this week I know it won't last long . . .
because I'll be out there with my blow torch and Mr. Sun will be
lending a hand also.  I'm sure of it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ging...I love your posts!

"when she didn't go goo-goo over it. Boo-hoo. No more froo-froo."

Classic! and bitter-sweet! :)

I hope that snow melts swiftly for ya!

You are a wonderful mother to those lucky kids!

Have a wonderful week!

Love ya, Em