Monday, September 24, 2007

Never a Dull Moment!

Today Axel managed to get into the forbidden corner of the house...the corner behind the couch with the Rubber Plant. We have the poisonous plant behind the couch with the only entry to it blocked by a footstool with a stack of books on top. We're trying to avoid the reaction that Lillie had last fall when she chewed on the poisonous leaves (see pics below). Anyway, Axel was so thrilled when he discovered he could climb on the couch, slide down the armrest, and be in no-man's-land.

Lillie's hives from chewing on a Rubber Plant leaf.











While I'm picking up the basket of books that Axel knocked over in his excitement the house becomes eerily quiet. I knew Axel was in the other forbidden area of the house...the office. Not even four minutes from the time he climbed behind the couch he is sitting at the computer practicing his keyboarding skills.

15 Minutes later and he needs to refuel. I am glad the two little monkeys chose to have their snack in the deacon's bench. It gives me a little break because Axel can't get out alone!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I see why the next day you took them for a hike, it just seems safer. Question...so why do you still have this poison plant:)

Anonymous said...

Perry has a hard time parting with his plants. I know, I know, we should have him take it to his school. I think 5th graders are past the eating plants stage...I think.

chchoo said...

Too cute. (Not the hives, of course.) They look so innocent eating their bananas. (Not the hives again.) Thanks for the walk in the woods yesterday!

Emily said...

Walk in the woods??? LUCKEE!!! I guess we could always take a walk through the quail brush...but it's just not the same!? ;)

Bummer about the poison plant and the hives! Poor Lillie...that looks so sore!

I love the picture of the kids eating their bananas! That is adorable!

Michelle said...

That Axel really keeps you on the move doesn't he!