Monday, September 17, 2007

Say Good-bye to Summer!

It's hard to believe that summer officially ends this week. In spite of Perry being in classes full-time we (Ginger and the kids...sometimes Perry) were still able to have a little fun. Some of our favorite pasttimes were...

Playing in the water,



















Going to Ryan's Place Park,



Lillie's first climb...in a skirt with her "shiny shoes" of course!


Lillie, Axel and friend Afton on the tire swing











Going to Parades,


Axel is very proficient at saying, "candy" now. I blame the candy throwing at the parades. Oh...and the one of him waving...he was so thrilled by the cheerleaders that he waved incessantly. Ugh. I have some reprogramming to do!












Playing with cousins,


Lillie had such a ball when cousin Kate stayed the night before Aunt Jo, Fisher and Merrill Jane arrived.












Going to the fair and having picnics.


Lillie went on her first roller coaster ride with Taylor...and she didn't even cry!







And of course...there was also playing with Grandmas and Grandpas (I'd include pics but they're just not as cute as the kids! :), Taking Axel on his first camping adventure and having rain, lightning, and thunder keep us up all night, and playing in the evenings until "Mr.Sun" went to bed.

Farewell to summer. We look forward to the leaves changing colors, the smell of manure lingering longer as the fog makes its appearance, and the brisk autumn air rejuvenating our senses. This is such a great place to be this time of year...any time of year really.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that you update your blog often. I love that some places in this wide world have nice weather in the summer time, weather that you can actually function in. Saying goodbye to summer in these parts is a GOOD thing!!! As you well know!:) Very Cute Pictures of your very cute kids!!

Love, EM

PS. THat Hoffman Travel Wagon is soooooo blasted cute!

Michelle said...

Cute pictures Ginger! Cute children! the smell of manure? i think I get far too much of that! :) If you want more we could bring some! LOL