Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You know it's cold when...

...We're all going stir-crazy because we can't play outside.

...Perry has to wear his Snow-Plow Harry boots to walk to school.
The fish are Axel's offering of companionship and
warmth to Perry in the ten below zero weather.


...Lillie is wearing her purple marshmallow suit.
Though don't be surprised if she wears it in the summer!


...Ginger willingly goes sledding/tubing with the Young Men
and Young Women. Being a willing participant may
indicate that the reasoning portion of her brain was frozen.
The beauty of untouched snow is an invitation to make
sure no part of the hill is left untouched by the human beast.

Mission Complete!

...Axel can make a slushie from the ice that forms on the inside of our windows. Anyone want to pitch in to our "new window fund?" Warm wishes to all...who contribute! :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh.
my.
freezing.
cold.

I don't know how you folks survive all winter long....probably the same way we do all summer....only different!?;)

I love the pictures of the snow outing....they are great!

And the slushy on the inside of the window brought back memories of blue coconuts slushies in the summer in Vegas! GOOD TIMES!

Super cute post!!

I'm sending warm thoughts your way,
Em

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Oh, Ginger, your thoughts on Cache Valley winters make me feel very apprehensive about our upcoming arrival. I'm glad we'll start with summer first.

Your comment on untouched snow was quite poetic so your brain must have thawed. I wish I had an excuse for irrational thinking.

Your Lillie looks happy to be outside and I can't help but think that on the other side of that photo is a mom who loves her little ones enough to brave the elements with them. Were you in a marshmellow suit also?

Jeff said...

I am excited for more snow. Provo is so tropical. And metropolitan.

Anonymous said...

I wish I were there playing with you....for about 4 minutes.

Gotta love those kids, I do!

Granny B

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! So dang cute!

Just checking in on ya! :)

Amy

chchoo said...

What's up popsicle? I thought about calling you to see if you could come over and play in the snow today. But then little A said she wanted to go inside. Hot cocoas all around!