Thursday, March 27, 2008

Time Keeps on Slippin'...

Two weeks ago Axel turned two. In another two weeks we will be soaking in the warm Nevada sun for spring break. Then two weeks after we return Perry will be officially done with his Master's degree. Whew! Time flies....but it sure is fun. And now for a quick preview of our past two weeks...

Axel did indeed get his "Elmo World" cake.
I know, I know that's quite a bit of food coloring...
...but Axel didn't seem to mind.
(Plus, bluish/green poop provided a break from the monotonous brown!)

We met up with some of my old roomies. Axel lived up to his
"tough" name and fought for any toy that Noah and Ari had. It's
no wonder they didn't want to sit by him for a picture! Lindsey
(Ari's mom) thought we should've named Axel "Bambi" or something.
And...yep...that's Lillie with her thumb...still.

We colored Easter eggs then forgot to hide them. Oops.
We had a plastic egg hunt in our backyard with the Bagleys.
Luckily the snow melted just in time. Though...it was back this
morning. What's going on here?! Is it REALLY spring or not?!


Of course, Lillie had to wear her bunny suit!
It was only fitting for the occasion.
However, it has been hidden in the dungeon since...
Lillie needs to get used to wearing "real" clothes,
not just dress-ups all day!


And finally...six of "my" young women get to sing in the Women's
Session of General Conference in two days.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to drive them down for
their rehearsal. I was bitter about it at first because I was the
only leader with a vehicle large enough to fit everyone(drawbacks
of owning a minivan). I wanted to be home taking my kids to
every Easter egg hunt in town. Lucky for them I wasn't home!
After the fact...I am so excited for these girls to have this
experience. It will be the first time President Monson will
be speaking in a conference session as the Prophet and
President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
As an added bonus all of our young women will be able to attend
the session. So....watch for your flaming redhaired friend when
you watch. I'll be in the section right behind the sound booth on the
main floor. I invited my sister to go with me so we could draw more
attention to ourselves. As if one redhead isn't enough!

8 comments:

chchoo said...

Thanks for shopping with me yesterday! I'll keep my eye out for the redheads causing trouble at the conference center tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! The cake was delicious and it was fun being there for Axel's birthday.

Good luck with all those girls tomorrow. What a memorable experience.

love you all

Paige Moore said...

Oh, Ginger, the music at the YW Broadcast was incredible! I was so thrilled to see that the conductor was Merrilee Webb. What an amazing experience it must have been for your girls. Did you get to sit in on any of the rehearsals? And finally, I am always interested in what they tell the choirs to wear... what was the directive? Just any shade of pink button up? Whatever they said, it was stunning. And I was touched by the songs. I had both goosebumps and tears, and a desire to be better. You can pass that onto them.

Emily said...

I miss everything! I didn't see you on TV because, well I'm not in YW and I didn't go to the broadcast. I hope you waved big at the camera! I am getting so excited for conference next week!

And that cake was great! Did you do that free hand? Amazing!

You are so funny and I love reading your highly entertaining blog posts!

Love ya tons!

Hoffmaniacs said...

Yes, Paige...I did get to sit in on the rehearsal at the Conference Center the week before. Sister Webb was awesome! The girls loved her! A ver powerfurl woman! As for the clothes....they give them a strip of paper with colors on it (like a paint sample) and they have to buy their shirts accordingly. I don't think there was one pink, corral, or fuscia shirt left to buy in Cache Valley!

kristen said...

Hey ginger
i am glad you made your blog private... it helps ease some of my anxiety somehow about having so much personal info out there... at least you guys are safe. phew. the only thing I don't like is that it doesn't send notices to my Reader account now when there's something new. Oh well... I will still drop by, don't worry. It was great seeing you at the Harpa party & thanks for letting me steal your pictures to post on my blog too. :)

Michelle said...

Shelby sucked her fingers til she was in 1st grade. We had to wean her down little by little. Told her she could do it at home but not on the bus or at school. Then she gradually quit. I told her kids would tease her if they saw her doing it. It worked here.

Pictures of Special Places, People & Interests said...

Wow Ginger, my blog is plain compared to yours! GOOD WORK! Keep it up. I saved several pictures.
Lots of family activities will be good for the kids to remember.
Dad H.