Friday, April 4, 2008

A few firsts...

This past week Lillie sat down at the piano, played four black keys, paused, then said, "That sounds like the song on Little Einsteins when June jumps from the whale." (Thanks Charith for recording Little Einsteins for your cheapskate friends who won't pay for cable!) Not only was I amazed that she could remember the song but that she could remember the exact episode! She's a smartie! Luckily, I recognized the piece from the four notes also...it was "Morning" from Peer Gynt by Edvard Grieg.  So, we picked out some more of the song (Whew! She could use all black keys!) and 10 minutes later she had it memorized. She has been blessed with Perry's ear for hearing things and being able to play them. I started piano lessons with her this week. Four years old may be a little young, but if she's showing interest why not? So, here it is folks...Lillie's piano debut...


As for Axel...he found his first worm of the season.












He could only be gentle for so long...and snap... then there were two!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Ginger, I love the way you write and must say that you too are a "smartie pants" with a good ear and musical training. Jeff did verify that Perry does indeed have a good ear. It's fun to see what kids are capable of when they're interested.

Paige Moore said...

Oh Ginger, I am so impressed with Lillie! What a smart little girl you have. And as an aside, if times ever get hard you can get Little Einsteins at the library. We actually have one waiting for us today! And I would like to apologize because the "comment deleted" thing was me. I misspelled Lillie's name and didn't want it to stay that way. I guess hitting the garbage can icon isn't quite as all-encompassing as repentance.

kristen said...

on lillie: how cute!

on axel: how disgusting, yet cute!

Hoffmaniacs said...

Paige...I've got you covered. If the one in charge of the blog clicks on the trash then the mistakes are removed forever. Kinda like life...:)

Ginger

Lindsey said...

Wow! You have a child prodigy. Well maybe; at any rate that's pretty cool.

Michelle said...

Hey, that's pretty good Lillie! and I like the way Axel is with worms! That was funny!

Paige Moore said...

Oh thank you Ginger! What would I ever do without you?!? And for the record, I didn't remember June jumping across the whales at first but after listening to Lillie's performance, I have been singing "lost our baton, yes, we lost our baton..." all day long!

chchoo said...

Way to go, Lillie! I'll be taking lessons from her soon. Isn't Axel a little young to have that moustache? Oh wait, that's not a moustache. I guess worms are a delicacy in some countries...

Emily said...

WOW! How lucky that you are incredibly smart...so your kids can take after you. I, on the other hand, am hoping my kids will be smart despite their genes! ;)

GOOD JOB LILLIE!

And two worms are better than one?! Cute, Cute Kids!!!

Connie said...

Wow, that's great about Lillie. Jonah is also showing lots of interest in the piano, and I think it's more than interest. I think he could play, but how do you find a teacher for a 3-4 year old kid? And Axel is so funny- such a boy! Glad we bumped into you at the fair!