Many of you know that on July 24th we commemorate and remember the arrival of the pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley. This year it has been easy (and filled with much emotion) for me to remember the pioneers and the sacrifices they made. I had the opportunity to go on the Willie and Martin Handcart Trek with the youth in our ward. It was a wonderful experience for me. The pioneer spirit felt on the plains of Wyoming is one I will never forget. I left with a greater appreciation for the pioneers and what they sacrificed. Being where they walked and where they died has left an indelible impression on my mind.Perry and I had the opportunity afterward to put together a video of our experiences to share with the rest of the ward. We fell in love with our Mac and all the computer programmers out there who contribute to making iMovie such an easy program to work with. We had a ball for 20-30 hours while we worked on it. I just wanted to share a few clips that we put together to... 1. Give you a small feel of where the pioneers walked and 2. Show off what a few amateurs can do with iMovie. It is about 6 minutes long as opposed to the original 20 minute version. I really tried to condense it as much as I could without taking away too much of the spirit of the trek. So grab some popcorn and enjoy! And take time today to Remember!
Ahh...didn't you just melt when you heard President Hinckley's voice?
5 comments:
Happy Pioneer Day!! Your video is fabulous. Remember me when you're famous in Hollywood!
Showed the video here at work and there were some tears! Glad I got to see the whole video while you were visiting. Hope you can share the complete video with lots of family and friends. You both did a marvelous job with the pictures and the music. Very inspiring and touching.
love you all!
I need another lesson in how to use Imovie from Perry- you did a good job putting it all together!
Rich wanted me to ask Ginger if "Laura Ingalls is still fighting with Nelli?"
Amy
Very Cool Ging. I am so glad to see that YM/YW groups all over in the church are doing things to build the testimonies of the growing generation. Sure beats playing basketball in the cultural hall each week!:)
You guys did a great job on the video...Bryan wants a Mac badly!
THanks for sharing!
Ginger girl..., you ROCK! I loved the video and seeing your blog. Thanks for staying in touch. lisa rebman
Post a Comment