While princess Lillie slept atop her three pillow tower (do you think she felt the pea I hid?) Axel and I were doing laundry. He went into Lillie's room to get a chair so he could reach into the washing machine. When he didn't come back for a few minutes I investigated.
The chair he needed was waaaaay across the room from Lillie's make-up. Axel must be prone to hearing voices and the make-up must've been talking to him. This is what I found...
At first he seemed innocent enough putting on Lillie's lipstick. So I let him continue while I transferred some clothes. Too much of a good thing ...

...can lead to a bellyache...especially when you eat it!
The next day I put Axel down for a nap and then intended to take one myself. Did I mention that Perry had a great idea to move Axel out of his crib and into a toddler bed? Great idea, Perry! Nighttime just got interesting again in our abode! We never know what hour in the night he is going to come up saying,"My belly hurts really really bad," in hopes that he'll get a cup of milk. Anyway...so I was snoozing on the couch when Axel came in with wet Softsoap from his elbows to his toes. The soap must have been talking to him from his bedroom. That's all I can gather. It appears we have a caged Axel on the loose and it's not safe for any of us to sleep anymore!
7 comments:
Now we know why his belly hurts in the middle of the night! It's from eating all that lipstick. It happens to me all the time. Good luck getting some sleep some time in the future!!
Ha ha. Perry and I think alike. I tried getting James into a toddler bed, but Emily said no. Turns out James is on my side anyway, climbing out of his crib the last few nights and wandering around the dark house until he finds us. I do draw the line at lipstick eating, however.
Oh man...Perry?! I am pretty sure we will keep Myles in his crib until he is potty trained. 7 more years should be fine, eh?
I love the picture of Lillie on the pillows.
Your kids are as cute as ever!!
Can't wait to see ya!
What a sweet, sleeping princess! Perfect picture!
and....what a fun little boy you have at your house. NEVER a dull moment.
Axel reminds me of Sunny's little Aiden!!! Remember to never get those two together or MV will be in a state of emergency!!! I love this blog stuff. It helps us moms make lemonade out of the lemons.
I don't envy you in the transition from crib to toddler bed. We actually just put away our last crib a couple weeks ago. New ground for us, feels good.
I remember waking in the night with a child standing over me and it would scare the daylights out of me. The only one that still really does that to me is May. . . She does still once in awhile. Looks like Axel is going to keep you occupied anyway!
Hey Ginger, Candice told me you had a blog and I thought I would check it out. You have beautiful kids. Amazing how fast time flies! I have two little girls ages 5 and 2. I am glad that I found your site it is good to see how old friends are doing!
Post a Comment