Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

I wanted to post Axel singing because I am grateful for the role music plays in our every day lives.

I wanted to post a picture of our baby who looks like a chubby little blond boy because I am now excited to have a boy to keep Axel entertained. A day at the park yesterday enlightened me to how grand it will be to have two boys to play "monster" with each other. Lillie is truly frightened when Axel plays it with her!

And I wanted to post the kids dancing to Christmas music because that has been a joyous thing for us this week. Christmas . . . ahh just the thought of it . . .

I couldn't decide which to post. I had an epiphany and realized I could post it all under the umbrella of "I am thankful for modern technology." Because of it I can capture videos and pictures of my kiddos and then share them online. I can email, blog, and stay updated with friends and family for FREE (I'm a cheapskate!) We know we're having a boy because of it. And I can listen to good music anytime, anywhere to boost my spirits. The list of all the wonderful things we can do because of modern technology is endless really.

I started my post hours ago. I kept receiving this message:


So much for modern technology!

After taking many breaks to play with the kids, do a preschool group, eat lunch, take the kids to get flu shots and put Axel down for a nap I am back at this again. Hmmm, what to do? Oh yeah, I can't do SQUAT composing a post in Safari! I have to use Firefox. Whew. It looks like my video is finally uploaded. Hooray!

You saw the next Andrea Bocelli here first!



Little baby playing peek-a-boo with his feet it looks like.
That's the last I'll post about him for awhile . . .
he's had his public spotlight

I will conclude with an apology to Emily M. if she feels this thankfulness for technology is a very bad spin-off of her gratitude for living in an electrical dreamland :)



7 comments:

chchoo said...

Oh, cute Axel. That's so fun to hear him singing!

Anonymous said...

Love the singing! I need you to show me how to post a video when we are there for Thanksgiving. :) Oh, and the new baby looks JUST like Perry.

Emily said...

I can't believe I didn't look at this sooner. No apology necessary! Your blogs are always perfectly original and I love them!

That Axel is truly a doll! I can't wait to meet his brother!

Hope you are all doing grand!

Sorry about the techno-troubles.

You're the best!
Em

Anonymous said...

WOW! the new technology is amazing that you can post your baby's ultrasound right on the Internet!! I hope this pregnancy is going well for you Ginger. Are you craving anything yet?
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Perry and your beautiful little family!

Connie said...

Great video. That kid has got some talent! Cute U/S picture too!

Loralee and the gang... said...

That Axel is such a cutie! And I love looking at the ultrasound pics!
Happy Thanksgiving!♥

Anne's Family said...

Hi my Sister in law ! I found your blog ! We missed you this weekend... I miss laughing with you !
So happy to hear about all of the new babies coming this spring!
Big kisses to Lilly and Axel and tell Perry I said .."Hey!"
Anne