Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The results are in!

Well, folks, before I reveal what is lurking below let me give you a glimpse into my thoughts.

In some respects Perry and I have a great disadvantage working with children/youth.  I see the 12-18 year old boys at church and think, "I'm so glad I'm working with the young women!" Perry works with the 10-year-old boys at school and I think, "How did Perry turn out so well?" When I taught for 2 1/2 years it was always the BOYS that gave me grief, naturally.  Right now Axel is adorable.  Busy, but, adorable.  He gives the best hugs and kisses and he is so quick to say he's sorry.  He's also a very comical little thing.  But, what will he be like when he's 12?

Girls on the other hand, well, they are just so different than boys.  Yes, we tend to be more moody, dramatic and irrational at times.  But for the most part I do believe we are the "crowning jewels" of God's creations (not to be arrogant or anything).  There's just something sweet, special, and inherently good about girls.  I was ready to have another crowning jewel to dress in cute dresses and to provide a sister for Lillie.  Oh how she wanted a sister!  Oh how we need sisters! But, alas, it was not to be . . . for now.

We are having a B-O-Y.  I may sound a little melancholy about this.  Right now I am.  Perhaps it would've been better to wait a couple days to announce our news.  I'm sure by then I will be excited that Axel will have a brother to play with while Lillie and I are playing dress-up in my old prom dresses.

For now, I think I will try to soak in what having another boy means and not think too much about the future. Perhaps I should savor every moment with my little ones before they turn into preteens, teenagers, soldiers, missionaries, mothers and fathers.

Funny thing . . . while I was working on this post two 16-year-old boys and two 15-year-old girls stopped by.  They've never just stopped by to chat before.  We talked.  They played "Twister." As I watched them interact I laughed.  Lillie had fun pushing them all over. One of the boys received a call while he was here to go help rake leaves at an elderly woman's home. All of them went to help.  What good kids.  There is hope for my little boys :)  Of all days for them to just "pop" in . . .

11 comments:

Karena said...

Congratulations!
Everyone tells me that I need a boy, but I have babysat boys and they do have a lot more energy than my girls. Not that I wouldn't be happy for a boy, I just think that boys take more energy to deal with. I think that you are an awesome mom and this new addition to your family will be great!

Michelle said...

Hmm, I'll have to ask the gal in my ward that has ONLY 5 boys and see what she thinks!!! Congrats Ginger! I really have enjoyed all of my kids but I really did want another boy - -

Anonymous said...

You just need to have two of each! That's a perfect solution!
I love being a grandma and love seeing the different personalities and and temperaments that make them their own special little person. Congratulations!!! I'm so excited!
love you all

Loralee said...

Since I have a boy-girl-boy-girl-girl-boy-boy, I am fully qualified ;) to tell you that it's totally the personality of the child that determines whether or not they are 'easy' or 'difficult' to raise. I have a mixture of each, not at all determined by their boy- or girl-ness. And of my 4 g-kids, the 2 girls are for sure more of a handfull than the boys are...so, chin up and know that those 2 little boys of yours will for sure be the best of friends because they are so close in age.
Love,
Loralee

Carrie said...

Boys are great! Less hair product to purchase, they're usually ok with cheaper clothes, give them a pile of mud to play with and they'll entertain themselves for weeks. Congratulations! (oh, and if you'd like to hear HORROR stories about girls to counter balance your experiences with the boys let me know because as a therapist I have PLENTY)...yes, boys are a good way to go.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

Amy

Jeff said...

I am a boy, and I can categorically say that boys are good. I don't know what the adverb "categorically" means in this sense, but it seems like people use it this way a lot.

Emily said...

Ahhhhh Ging, It's always been you and 'your boys'... Some things never change. :)

Another boy will steal your heart, just as fast as his big brother did, when he is born...I'm almost sure of it.

And you can always claim you are doing your part to fight polygamy! :)

Congrats on getting another adorable 'Browman' boy!!

Damon and Chris said...

Congratulations! I think it's funny that you wanted another girl...all we wanted WAS boys! Well the Lord sure does have his own plans in store for us...who knows maybe this one will have red hair?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Perry and Ginger!!
Another boy!! How fun!! I have enjoyed looking at your blog...you guys make parenting look so fun and relaxing!! ;o) Hope everything is going well for you and we really should get together some time!

Doty6strong said...

Say goodbye to any nice furniture you may have and HELLO to wrestling and destruction!
Just be thankful you have Lillie to keep you company! Oh, and having a bunch of girls is fun but EVERYTHING is VERY dramatic

Congratulations! Just remember they will grow up and find very nice girls to "tame" them.