Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Birthday Bash . . .

When I asked Lillie what her favorite part of her birthday
was she replied, "the dress from Grandma Hoffman
and the balloons." If only we had known that pleasing a five
year-old was as simple as a pink dress and blowing up balloons!

She requested a cake that looked like such:


Instead she got a cake that looked like so.

I've never been a good imitator . . . just a poor imposter!
(Ask me about Carmex, Care-Bears, and Lillie's first dress-up
clothes sometime). Luckily she thought the cake was beautiful.
Whew!

She wasn't kidding when she said she loved the balloons!
All she wanted to do for her preschool group was play
with the balloons. I gave in. What? It's her special day,
she can do whatever she wants!

And . . .
Though Axel very obviously wanted it to be his birthday
he didn't mind joining in on all the festivities.
I love the sugar-high look in the first pic
and the droopy sugar hang-over look in the second.














We'll all be having sweet, sugary, dreams tonight!



5 comments:

Karena said...

I think that you did great on the cake! I have the fun of trying to do a flower for Lauren's 3rd in a couple weeks. I love the pink dress, very cute!

Loralee and the gang... said...

So Sweet! What a girlie girl...Happy Birthday Lillie!
:D

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Lillie! :)

Michelle said...

Oh how cute! Happy Birthday to you!

Emily said...

She really is a princess. I love that she loved the balloons the best...so typical and so adorable!

I think you did a fabulous job on the cake.....and plus...it's the thought that counts, and by the look on Lillie's face, she thought it was PERFECT!
I remember you making me a pig cake, back in the day...I think you have a lot of talent in that area that you just aren't giving yourself enough credit for! :)

Glad she had a very happy day!