On Sunday, April 12th, our family grew by 20%. While Lillie and Axel were eating chocolate Easter bunnies we were welcoming Pearce Von Hoffman into the world. Ginger was gearing up to push out another Tonka truck (Axel weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz.) and was very surprised when
the scale read 7 lbs. 13 oz. for Pearce. He's so tiny! We have also been pleasantly surprised by what a good eater and sleeper he is!
the scale read 7 lbs. 13 oz. for Pearce. He's so tiny! We have also been pleasantly surprised by what a good eater and sleeper he is!

Grandma Hoffman has taken up crocheting.
We were honored to be the recipients of one of her
first hats. It's so soft and warm!
We were honored to be the recipients of one of her
first hats. It's so soft and warm!

Axel is so excited to have someone
to train in all the ways of the boy world.
to train in all the ways of the boy world.

Lillie has forgotten that she really wanted a sister
and just can't get enough of holding Pearce. She is
his "fashion consultant" and gets to choose his
outfit everyday. She is taking her responsibility
very seriously and has been a very good helper!

The kids were so excited when we brought
Pearce home last night. Axel even shared his
puppies with Pearce. That's true sacrifice!
Pearce home last night. Axel even shared his
puppies with Pearce. That's true sacrifice!

Wide awake. We haven't seen this very
often and have loved having a baby that sleeps!
That is a rare thing for us!
often and have loved having a baby that sleeps!
That is a rare thing for us!

Let the drool all over the clothes begin!
This is the best picture we could come up with
to represent that Pearce does have a mommy
who loves him very much! Who wants to see me
right after delivery anyway?

And Axel just loving his brother more and more everyday.
We are so glad to have this healthy little boy in our family.
We are so glad to have this healthy little boy in our family.

For those of you wondering about the name . . .if there are any . . . my Grandma Merrill's maiden name was Pearce. She's a lovely woman with a great heritage. My great-grandma Ione Pearce is someone I have always admired. So, we felt good about the name Pearce. Coming up with a middle name was more difficult. Perry has always liked the sound of "Von Hoffman." More as an entire last name (like the Von Trapp family) rather than Von as a first name. In olden days the title "Von" before your last name meant you were nobility. Since our little guy is bound to be a noble and great one we chose the noble title of Von for his middle name.

15 comments:
Von Hoffman is brilliant coming from the guy who named his flour baby (high school health class project) Edwina, after Peal Jam. Pearce Von Hoffman screams ladies man. He's adorable--as is your entire clan. Congrats!
Congratulations on that little cutie-pie! Hope everyone is well and happy! (looks like it)
:~D
Wow! He is so handsome! And you look great. I am so glad the kids are excited with their new baby brother. Enjoy you family!
To answer your question... I want to see you right after delivery. I'm so happy for you!! His cheeks are so fat and cute. I love it. I wish we could be there to help welcome him. When you feel up to it, give me a call with all the gory details!! :) You look GREAT, by the way.
Wow, that all happened to fast. Makes me realize it's been forever since I've seen you guys. Congrats. Looks like the kids are please about the addition. Good lookin kid!
Congratulations!!! I was actually just thinking about you this morning & wondering if there was any news. Yay for you. You look great & he looks like a handsome little man. I am curious if you did another natural birth? I am wavering in my convictions as I count down the last 9 weeks to baby #2.
Anyway, so happy for you & glad to see photos of your happy family.
Congratulations!!! The sad thing is that I didn't even know you guys were pregnant again... what a beautiful family though.
He is so cute and sweet, makes me excited for my baby in about 3 weeks!
I am hoping that my girls will be fine whatever comes out, they both have strong opinions on whether they want boy or girl.
You look great, I never look that good days (or even months) after delivery!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I love his name! Congrats on a healthy baby! He is so cute and Lillie and Axel seem taken with him. That's a good sign!
Oh Ginger...he is perfect!!
I am so happy for you. I hope that you are doing well. You look wonderful.
I love his name, too.
Your family is growing so beautifully!
Love you loads.
So, who was the grand winner in the baby weight pool? I'm so glad he didn't weigh as much as we were guessing! and happy that he is a good baby for you. Congrats! We'll see you in May probably!
CONGRATULATIONS HOFFMANS!!!
Congrats, Ginger and Perry. He looks darling. I can't wait to meet him. He looks like he has a very doting sister and eager brother. Hooray. Great job signing up for a third.
And Kristin - the decision to go epidural was the very best birthing decision I ever made. It honestly made the day fun and exciting. I remember wondering after the first hour of pushing with Eli how I would possibly have been able to physically deliver the kid if I'd actively labored the whole day. GO FOR THE EPIDURAL! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Congrats! I tell you, you Hoffman's just can't pick your own dates. First you go and get married one yr. to the day after Brandon and I and now you go and have a baby 3 years to the day after Alexa?!! You know there are 365 days in a year, right? JUST KIDDING. He is beautiful and I love his name. SO sophisticated and I love the reason for naming him Von. You guys have great humor. Ginger, you look great!
Post a Comment