Thursday, July 8, 2010

And we'll have fun, fun, fun...

Contrary to what some may think,
we do take time to have some fun.
Here are a few things we've done
since Perry's been out of school
for the summer break.
The snow finally stopped (for good) near the end
of May. We were finally able to plant, plant, plant.

We took a trip to Chesterfield, ID.
Grandma Hoffman loves the history of old
ghost towns so we decided to join
her for a quick day trip.

We ventured up Cherry Creek Canyon
for a bee-yoo-ti-ful little hike.



We joined Perry on one of his item-writing
trips in Provo. We enjoyed an all expense paid
three-night rendezvous in the Marriott Hotel.
Ooh-la-la.
Within 10 minutes of being in the room
Pearce turned over the trash cans,
opened all the drawers and closet doors,
unrolled the toilet paper,
and turned this table over.
Whew. He's a busy boy.

We had fun exploring the Provo river trail
and played with cousins while Perry fried
his brain trying to write test questions.

Most recently...we took another trip to Arizona
in the bone-melting, sweltering heat!

My brother Sterling was united with his
dear Holly on July 2nd. Hooray!
It was great to be with my family!

The kids danced the night away and then...

CRASHED! What a day to remember!


And finally, our greatest fun has been in
our own backyard.
You remember that trip I said
I would take because Perry
gets to go to D.C?
Well, I traded it for a swing set.

















Out with the old. In with the new.
The kids love it and I have enjoyed
some much needed downtime
while Perry is off gallivanting
around our nation's capital.

Have fun in the sun!

4 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

That does sound like fun, fun, fun. Glad you are getting to have some. I just hope there is some rest, rest, rest included in that for you!

Be well and keep having a great time.

Connie said...

I'm so sad I missed seeing you and your family at Sterling's wedding. You all look fabulous. I miss seeing you all. Glad you are having a fun summer!

Emily said...

How Wonderful for Sterling!!! They look like a great couple! I am glad you've been able to have loads of fun with your adorable little family! And buying a swing set instead of taking a trip is a wonderfully selfless gift...that keeps on giving!

Love ya girly!

Anonymous said...

I finally checked in on your blog! Thanks so much for posting. Hopefully I can share this with the fam damily