Monday, September 6, 2010

School's in Session

School is officially "in session."
What does that mean for Lillie?
Well, it means that . . .












There isn't as much time to play "dress-up"
because she's in school for 6 1/2 hours instead of three.
(That has been a very difficult transition)

All of her "free time" is spent playing school
because she LOVES school so much!

And finally, her most diligent "student" Axel has
become quite skilled at cutting shapes out with
great precision. She is a proud teacher.


In other "school news"....
Our house has been completely transformed
into a school by Miss Lillie.
I am officially the "lunch lady"
now because all I'm good for is food prep.
Lillie won't even attempt to eat school lunch -
but I guess the lunch lady is still important to her.
Perry is the principal.
Of course.
Pearce is the class pet.
And Axel does whatever he is told.
Lillie has the whistle I retired
from my drum major days.
She demands the attention of all
the neighborhood to come in from "recess"
when it's dinnertime.
It's been great fun around here.
Except for when Axel wants to be the teacher.
Then there is great weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

Well, school starts early and I just had
my five minute "warning bell" from
Mr. Hoffman
to get ready for bed.
I best listen to the world's greatest teacher.

That's a man who knows his school stuff
and has dedicated more volunteer hours
since July 26th than he ever has in the past.
He must love what he does.

Good-night.



3 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Sounds like a well run and orderly household.

So glad she likes school. She's your child so I'm not surprised.

Carrie said...

Axel really does have mad cutting skills!

Emily said...

She is so incredibly cute! And I agree with the above comment...mad cutting skills, indeed!

I hope you are well...and just don't get Miss Hoffman as mad as a hornet. You never want to see a teacher in that state! ;)

Love you girly!