Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hip, hip, hooray for May!

I've always been one who LOVED the cold and the snow. Even when I lived in Rexburg and my nose hairs were freezing and my lungs were cracking I thought "this is what winter is all about!" However, this winter has changed me. When winter starts in November and ends the last week of April that's just TOO MUCH - even for me. The last week of April had a weather forecast that looked something like this: Snow, Snow, high of 51, rain, rain, snow, snow, high of 54. And boy did we revel in those 50 degree days! We are so glad May is here. And with it, the sunshine.

Just glad to be outside enjoying a
beautiful day at the temple.

Our quaky grove in spring bloom
makes my heart smile.

So does a little Rachel and Lillie all dolled up.

A perfect day for a parade with the Peterson's.
We even got sunburns!
(Never thought I'd rejoice in a sunburn!)

Let the planting begin!
We could spend a lifetime getting the rocks
out of our garden and never enjoy gardening.
So we have decided to let rock
and plant flourish together. ROCK ON!

Axel helping with the planting
during one misty, moisty rain shower.
The perfect day for a parade
was also a perfect day for planting.

Planting's done.
The rain is gone.
Let's eat.

Lillie mastered the art of roasting "the Mallow"
just right for S'mores.

Pearce was happy to be outside
s'mores or no s'mores.

Ahh...freedom!
Barefoot days are here.
The future is looking
BRIGHTER every day.
Hip, hip, Hooray!

2 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Let springtime ring...

Lots of delightful photos of wonderful times for your family. Keep enjoying it.

I enjoyed smiling why looking at all your fun activities.

Emily said...

Ahhhh Spring!

It looks glorious on your place. I am so excited for your garden...it looks wonderful!

Have a wonderful, wonderful season!!

You deserve it!