Monday, June 13, 2011

School's out for Summer!

Lillie had her last day of school on June 2nd.
In the past 10 days we've played, played, played!
At the Whittier Center Park with friends.
It took all of Lillie and Axel's self-control not to
ditch the friends and sprint around the playground.
Usually they act like caged animals that have
been let loose and run like there's no tomorrow.

Pearce braved the tire swing with the wild ones.

This is how we like our smoothies!
Axel was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
When I turned around with a smoothie in my hand
Perry pushed me back to keep me from
falling on Axel. The smoothie kept going.
It was all pretty dramatic really.
I was wondering why Perry pushed me.
Axel was screaming bloody murder
(I guess it did look like quite the horrid masacre)
Pearce was watching with eyes wide open.
And we all wondered where to begin cleaning up!

On our way to Forester Acres Park.

At the park.

A picnic in our backyard after the park.

Preparing for a "rescue mission" in Gilbert's field.
Axel hit his new baseball over the fence.
We were no match for the grass and the
ball has yet to be found.


Baseball.
Not only one of "America's favorite past-times"
but one of ours also.

Lillie likes to be the master chef and prepare
lunch all by herself now. What a treat!
I never cease to be amused by what Lillie chooses
to wear when we explore.

Getting dirty up Cherry Creek Canyon.

Axel got a flat tire at the beginning of our hike
but I made him keep on truckin'. His broken
sandal didn't seem to slow him down one bit.
















When I arrived to pick up the kids from an over-niter at Grandma Hoffman's house Axel was thrilled to tell me that he thought of a way to "make a lot of money for our family." He made tons of paper bracelets and was determined to set up a store in front of our house and sell them. Our good neighbors and some friends stopped by and "donated" to his cause.

Lillie joined on in the fun when she saw what a
profit Axel was making.
She opted to sell seed pods and chocolate.
Those are the hot item around these parts!

All in all we're having a ball.
Hope you are too!

2 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Such entrepreneurs! I love it.

Enjoy your break with the kids.

Emily said...

Happy Summer to YOU! It looks like your lit'l family is up to all good! So glad that you have a few months of Heavenly weather to look forward to! Maybe we'll come visit!?! ;)

That smoothie picture is so funny...but, I am sure, a bit disturbing to those who only scan the pictures without reading words! :)

Have a wonderful day, you cutie!!