It was too beautiful of a day not to help our neighbor
rake his leaves. The kids seemed a lot more willing
and happy to rake in someone else's yard.
Plus, Gilbert let them keep as many horse chestnuts as
they could haul off!
The chestnuts were great for bartering in their
outdoor stores and . . .
they made a great face on the first snowman of the season!
Axel and I found this beauty when I checked him
out of school early to go on a date with me.
I felt we needed a little one-on-one time.
He wanted to go to D.I. We scored a desk the perfect size
for Axel's room. I told him he wouldn't see it again until
I had it all fixed up for him by Christmas morning.
Pearce and his preschool buddies going on a magic blankie ride.
We decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving so we could
enjoy the sights and sounds of the season for longer than the three
weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.
Pearce and Lillie both won a coloring contest for their age groups
put on by Gossner's Cheese. Pearce's basket was just about the
same size as him and he was thrilled by his winnings!
For Thanksgiving Lillie and Axel put on a "Little Man Axel" skit
for the aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was quite humorous.
We enjoyed a great Thanksgiving feast with Perry's sisters and
their families. We spent the day between Grandma Hoffman's
house and our house trying to keep the kids entertained and
Skyping with Paul and Kaoru in Japan.
Since the roads were clear and the weather was nice, Perry
agreed to take this homesick girl to see all of her family in
Nevada. Being in the car all day was a Black Friday well spent.
Well, I didn't spend as much money anyway!
The kids thoroughly enjoyed having cousin time and being able
to swim in November.
After being at my parents house busting at the seams with people,
I realized that "all being together at the same time" was good
in theory but . . . well . . . it may be a long time before we attempt
to do it again. We had a great time visiting for the two days we
were there - and two days was the perfect amount of time to be there
with 26 other people! It was the perfect cure for my homesickness!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment