Friday, December 10, 2010

My Apaulogies...

On Thanksgiving Day we "skyped" with Perry's brother, Paul, in Japan. I promised him I would take a lot of pictures and that I would be sure to post them. Yesterday it was gnawing at me that I hadn't posted about Thanksgiving yet. After we got the kiddos in bed, Perry and I had a mad race for the computer. Perry won. I decided to go to the temple in a fit of rage. Tonight I won. My apologies to Paul that this has taken so long!
A couple days before Thanksgiving we got "dumped" on.
Things weren't much better at Perry's sister's in Idaho
(where we planned on going for Thanksgiving)
so we opted for a small gathering at home.

We watched the Macey's day parade and other various
entertainment provided by a 6, 4 and 19 month old.

Of course we checked out the ads for "Black Friday"
even though we had no intention to awake in the wee
hours of the morning.

We attempted to take family pictures for Christmas cards.
This is one of the better pictures. (Hence the reason
you shouldn't expect to get a card in the mail this year).
Silly boys.

Though we were few in numbers we had a lovely feast
and managed to eat too much - as usual.

We're pretty sure the pilgrims had olives and snickerdoodles...

...and chocolate cream pie.

I think we're raising an OCD child.
Pearce is so good about cleaning up his own messes!

All snuggled up to watch a Christmas movie at the
end of that Thanksgiving Day.

The Day After...we avoided the sales and took
all day to decorate for Christmas instead.
Superglue has been our friend this year...
we had to pull it out at least three times that first day
and five more since!
We love our Pearcey Poo!

That night we had a "girl's night out" and went
to see the Nutcracker Ballet.
I have to admit - I liked it so much better this
time than I did when I was a child.
It was magical.

Lillie enjoyed the intermission just as much as the show.

Afterward Lillie was very intent on tracking down
the "Sugar Plum Fairy" to get a close-up look.
Her efforts paid off.

We made it two steps in the front door and Lillie crashed.

A few more steps and visions of sugar plums
were still dancing in her head!
It was WAY past bedtime.

We had a wonderful weekend in spite
of the change in plans.
And we are loving this Christmas season.
Perhaps I'll take a moment to tell you why...
but, don't expect it until two weeks after the fact!







3 comments:

paulwaka@gmail.com said...

thank you for the pictures.
tears of joy.

paul in japan

Emily said...

Love this post! Just like ALL of your posts! I wish you had all the time in the world to do daily posts for my reading/viewing enjoyment. But I am not complaining...oh, no....I'm just saying. :)

Love the family pictures! Love Lillie the ballerina. Love your snow days. Love the dancing kids. Love your small n' sweet Thanksgiving. Love YOU!

Have a wonderful week, my friend!

Michelle said...

That was nice of the "sugar plum fairy" to get a picture with Lillie! Cute!