My period of mourning has begun. Perry's "contract days" started today. He's been to his school many times this summer to prepare for the 2011-2012 school year. But, I always had access to him. He was only a phone call away to beg to come home and referee the children while I went grocery shopping or something - ALONE. Basically, I've had unlimited access to him for the past 2 1/2 months. I'm spoiled. I know. I'm also a wimp. It's hard for me to fathom having a husband work 12 months out of the year. That would be tough! Anyway, since our summer officially draws to a close when Lillie begins school on Thursday, I thought I would account for some of our Summer Fun. As I looked through the pics I had a hard time choosing my favorites. So, this will be a three part post so I can justify including 100 or so of my favs. Enjoy . . . or not!
June 2011

Bike rides and walks in what felt like early spring weather.

He's never seen "Spider Man" but he sure wants to be one!

The Merry-go-round that I launched Lillie off
when I was turning it too fast. OOPS!

Who said three's a crowd?
The Summerfest . . .

Snow cones are a must at these sort of shin-digs.

Lillie and Axel loved the flowers that my potter friend,
Willey, had for sale. They were so excited to have
their own money to purchase such happy little decorations.

Another "must -have" . . . cotton candy!
Cousin Time

Bridger and London stayed at Grandma Hoffman's for a
few days. The kids were thrilled to have so much cousin time.
Pearce still asks, "Where London and Bridger?" when we
go to visit Grandma Hoffman.
Camping in the Backyard

Our maiden voyage with our new tent.

We had such good helpers.

Those little helpers didn't fall asleep until
well after 10:30. That's WAY LATE for
our little ones who are usually asleep by 7:30!

We never know what Axel will be "up to" next!

Planting time.

Roller Derby Queen.
Visit to see Grandpa Hoffman in Idaho.

Pearce and Grandpa.

Our favorite carousel in Rexburg.

The kids were hesitant about playing in the
water with all the other crazy kids.

They eventually got wet . . . and cold.

At a playground in Rexburg.

A visit to the zoo in Idaho Falls.
It was just like being at home . . . so zoo-like and all.

Lillie and Axel proved to have great
map reading skills.
Home again, home again . . .

On our way home from Idaho Falls it was obvious that
something was wrong with our tires. We pulled
off in the dreaded, disorganized, Pocatello
and searched for a Les Schwab. Luckily we ended up
only a block away from one. Don't know how we'd ever
find one in that how-town. The kids patiently colored while
we waited . . . and waited . . . and waited.
This is the only Les Schwab we've been to
that they didn't run out to greet us in the parking lot
(like on the commercials).
Oh well, it was still an answer to our prayers.

The kids and I went to search for a park
while Perry continued to wait.

Our June ended with one final visit to a park
(making "8" the total number of parks visited in June)
and two brand, spankin' new tires to replace the old ones
that were about to BLOW!
Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment